Saturday, November 7, 2009

Things are looking up. Today I had a shower (and washed my hair THANK GOD) and had my IV taken out. The catheter came out yesterday - and I've also lost those pressure cuffs around my legs. Phew!! When it was time for a shower today I had both Rob and my nurse Donna helping me. It was the first time I got a good look at my new girls. Even with the swelling and the puckered incision lines - they look fantastic. The are very symmetrical and have a very nice shape. I expect that when the swelling is gone, I'll end up with a B+. Woooo Hoooo!! The skin is soft and warm, and I can just picture where the nipples will eventually end up (phase 2). I have to admit that on Thursday I was wondering if all this was worth it - but today I'm feeling like it was. A few days of feeling uncomfortable is a worthwhile price to pay to have a "normal" looking body again.

Yesterday Rob hiked around the city quite a bit and saw several really nice galleries and sculpture gardens. He splurged and bought a hardcover book detailing one of the sculptors he was admiring. Can't remember the name right now... such is my brain. Rob just left to catch his flight home to Maine, and I expect Jenny to arrive here later thisafternoon. I'll be here at the hospital one more night, and then we will be at a hotel close by for a few days. On Wednesday I have an appointment with the surgeon and will get the chest drains removed, as well as the doppler wires taken out. Then I'll come home on Thursday with just the two drains from my butt inscisions. Those will stay in another 3 weeks or so, and I'll have them taken out in Maine.

I miss all of you, and my dog and kitties. Send me emails or blog comments if you have time, it's really nice to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment