Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm still a little drugged out from the morphine - so please excuse the mess as I attempt a new blog entry.

Dr Sullivan says the surgery went very well yesterday. It is pretty cool to look down the fromt of my johnnys and see two nice new boobs there! I am in a small amount of discomfort - but not in pain. I sat up on the edge of the bed this morning with the help of Rob and a nurse named Laurie. I am feeling very weak and somewhat dizzy but I think it is because of the anesthesia and the morphine. I will drink lots of water today to try and flush the drugs out of my system.

Rob is a wonderful caregiver. Poor guy did not get a good rest last night because of nurses coming in every hour to check 0n me. I have a lot of tubes and wires sticking out of me. Four drains (one for each boob and one on each hip). I also have an IV, oxygen tube and a cathetor (handy for not having to get out of bed every ten minutes to pee. There are also blood pressure cuffs around each calf, which automatically inflate and deflate every couple of minutes to help keep leg circulation good and prevent blood clots from forming. Additionaly I have a wire comimg out of each breast that has doppler ability when hooked up to a special machine.
The pupose of these is to make sure that bloods flowing well to and from my transplanted tissue. So far so good!

I really appreciate all the positive, healing energy that all of you are sending my way. I'll be up and around in no time at all.

1 comment: