Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Nov 2

Today is the day we leave for New Orleans. Sleep was elusive last night, as I am excited and a little bit apprehensive. Everything is organized for the trip. Daughter Michelle is staying at the house to care for the animals, and is also covering for me at work (thank you honey!!). Our flight leaves at noon from Portland and we should arrive in New Orleans at 5:30. The clinic is going to send a limo to pick us up and take us to the hotel!
I can't wait to see the city and experience the sights and sounds. And I can't wait to meet my surgeon. A man who I have read about and heard about. A person who would be easy to idolize as a sculptor of human flesh and a pioneer in the medical field of reconstructive surgery - but a person who is just a person and not a god. It is important that I feel good about him - that I feel I can trust him completely. If I meet him and don't like him... then what? I'll turn around and come home I suppose. His name is Scott Sullivan and I've heard that he is a "perfectionist" as well as a "caring, compassionate person". My first appointment with him is tomorrow, so I will find out then.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing a blog and keeping us all posted! I'm thinking all the best for your appointment tomorrow and hoping that the surgeon indeed turns out to be caring and compassionate - as well as a perfectionist. Hope you get to enjoy some sightseeing in New Orleans too! Will be watching for more posts! Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    Yes, thank you so much for keeping this blog. All the best of luck; I'll be thinking of you, reading your blog, and sending you tons of love and healthy thoughts.

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete